Waterfalls of Muskoka Workshop
Time & Location
About the Event
Join Helen E. Grose on a 2-day adventure around Muskoka to visit and photograph a few of the region's waterfall gems. Spend some time exploring different angles, compositions, and camera settings that will help you achieve dramatically different results. Get to know when to use each, and practice with the guidance of a patient, and knowledgeable teacher at your side.
Thursday, October 24, 2019
7:30 a.m. - Meet at The Home Depot in Bracebridge & carpool to the first waterfall of the day
8:00 a.m. - 12 noon - First waterfall session
12 noon - 1:30 p.m. - Lunch Break
1:30 - 4:30 p.m. - Second waterfall session
5:00 - 7:30 p.m. - Sunset at a lookout (optional & weather-dependent)
Friday, October 24, 2019
7:30 a.m. - Meet at Helen's gallery just outside of Bracebridge & carpool to the first waterfall of the day
8:00 a.m. - 12 noon - Third waterfall session
12 noon - 1:30 p.m. - Lunch Break
1:30 - 5 p.m. - Fourth waterfall session
5:00 - 7:30 p.m. - Make-up sunset shoot (optional & weather-dependent)
This workshop is limited to 6 participants with a significant amount of time spent at each location to ensure all participants have the chance to ask questions, practice, and fully explore the areas we visit.
**IMPORTANT** Please note that all adventures around waterfalls incur a level of risk. You must be sure-footed, and comfortable around fast-moving water, navigating steep slopes, and walking on uneven ground with your camera gear without assistance in order to participate in this workshop. All waterfalls require a short to moderate hike, with varying degrees of difficulty getting down to the falls. You are responsible for your own safety, and will be required to sign a waiver.
Photography instruction and guiding to waterfalls in Muskoka, plus one sunrise shoot, subject to weather & interest. The number of waterfalls we visit will depend on the weather prior to the workshop. Weather can impact the flow of water, as well as the accessibility of the waterfalls.
What's not included?
- Accommodations - if required, I'd recommend you stay in Bracebridge to reduce travel time.
- Transportation - we will be carpooling to the waterfalls as there's typically limited parking available.
- Meals - we take a break for lunch. You're welcome to pack a lunch and bring it with you, or visit one of the local establishments. On the second day, our options will be more limited due to our location and time of year
- Photography gear and personal items
Recommended Photography Gear:
- DSLR or mirrorless camera(s)
- Wide angle lens (24mm or wider is recommended)
- Lens hood
- Remote or corded shutter release. In the event you do not have one, learn how to set the self timer.
- Circular polarizer filter
- Neutral density filter
- Rain sleeve / rain protection for your camera
- Microfiber cleaning cloths (at least 2) and lens pen - or whatever you clean your lens with
- Fully charged batteries (spare batteries if you have)
- Formatted (empty) memory cards
- Battery charger
- Comfortable backpack to hold your gear + rain cover if you bag has one
Recommended Personal Items:
- Sturdy shoes you can hike in** required - waterproof is a plus! Consider carrying waterproof boots to allow you to step into the water for different angles
- Rain wear - both jacket and pants
- Layered clothing, including hat & 2 pairs of gloves
- Reading & driving glasses, as required + microfibre cloths
- Snacks & water - consider bringing a hot beverage in a thermos, as we could experience cool temperatures
Payment & Cancellation Policy: Workshop fees are due in full at the time of booking and are non-refundable. Please check your schedule to be sure you're able to participate.
A note about weather: This workshop will be held rain, snow or shine! Please come prepared for any possible weather. Additionally, Mother Nature will determine if we'll be enjoying autumn colours in the trees. I expect it will be past peak, but that we'll still see the golds.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email Helen at email@example.com.
- Waterfalls of Muskoka Workshop$282.50$282.500$0